Nick is usually retained as a Non Executive Director to support the development of start-ups and high growth companies.
Both of these types of organisation benefit from the experience and insights of a seasoned and entrepreneurial business person.
Investors: PE; VC
Safeguard your investment
When you are investing in an enterprise you need to be sure that your funds are being used as you intended – to fund the growth of the business.
There will come a time when you want to sell your stake. Typically the buyer will conduct some due diligence and the price you negotiate will be reduced. It seldom increases!
When you come to sell, the buyer will conduct due diligence. The price you had negotiated will be reduced.
It seldom increases!
HOWEVER, with proper board level support, all the necessary safeguards should be in place to avoid any discount between negotiation and completion of a sale.
Nick will bring security to investors by ensuring:
- Costs are under control
- Revenue (if there is any yet) is under reasonable trade terms which are transferrable
- Assets are suitably protected (trademarks; legal contracts; etc)
- Liabilities are known and managed
- Management Team is supported and skills developed with succession planning in mind (to avoid a vacuum in the event of a key departure)
- PEST analysis identifies and prepares for the more likely risks
He will also support the Founders, Directors, CEO, MD, Management Team in developing the business with awareness of the 7 key areas that lead to higher equity value:
- Design the business operations for appropriate levels of profitability/profit
- Manage the talent and culture in the organisation
- Ensure systems & processes are robust and developed in parallel with the growth plans
- Product development and product extension is planned
- Additional and innovative channels to market are explored
- Brand is managed and protected if appropriate
- Scaleability is incorporated into the business where possible
All of this will support the investor to maximise their return, minimise their risk and add value to the enterprise.